Veggies- VR35 Radish 'Rat-Tailed' (50 Seeds)
Regular price $5.80
Vegetable Seeds by The Seeds Master
VR35 Radish 'Rat-Tailed' (50 Seeds)
- Completely unique radish variety native to Southeast Asia.
- The plants are exceptionally easy to grow, and highly rewarding, too, producing oodles of lightly, spicy pods that can be compared to a pungent green bean!
- This variety focuses on hyper-prolific seed pod production instead of the root. Specifically bred in such a manner that its cute light green seed pods absorb all the nutrients, it has sparse leaves and thin stems and stalks, making it floppy if lacking proper supports.
- They can be eaten raw, cooked or even pickled.
- The beautiful rose pink and white flowers typically attract lots of bees and butterflies, and typically turn into seed pods quickly.
- The seed pods themselves have little thin tails reminiscent of a rat’s, and taste much like a normal radish root, except with a much more intense flavour. Pick pods when they are tender and young, about 13-15cm long. Harvest in 50 days
HOW TO GROW:
Planting: Year-round in tropical climate; Plant 4-6 weeks before last frost, and succession plant every two weeks after if long harvest is desired.
Ensure that the radishes have a lattice to support them, as they will produce less seed pods if left dangling.
Soil: Fertile, well-drained soil, pH of 6.0 to 7.0.
Sowing Depth: 0.6cm deep.
Spacing: 18 inches (45 cm) apart.
Light: Full sun.
Watering: regular to make sure the soil is moist, but not soggy. Best when soil feels dry to the touch.
Harvest in 45-50 days.