Veggies- VL76 Kale 'Dwarf Blue Curled' (300 - 400 Seeds)
Vegetable Seeds by The Seeds Master
VL76 Kale 'Dwarf Blue Curled' (300 - 400 Seeds)
- Compact heirloom variety with curly, blueish-green leaves.
- Outstanding sweet, beautiful flavour and nicely tender texture.
- Grows as compact, very hardy bush and produces an abundance of longish, delicate, densely curled leaves that can be harvested directly from the garden through the cold winter months. Re-grows after cutting.
- The colder it is, the sweeter the kale tastes. Grows to 30-45cm (12-18in) tall.
- Deservedly called a super food, it's packed with body alkalising nutrients, which naturally keeps the body healthy and strong.
- Perfect for juicing (does not give the bitterness, as some other kale varieties), a must in salads, great for stir fry, steaming, cooking. Perfect for microgreens (10-15 days), baby leaf (25-35 days) and full maturity (65-70) days.
HOW TO GROW:
Growing: Year-round in tropical climates; in temperate climates - seeds can be sown directly once the soil can be worked or start inside 4-6 weeks prior the planting date.
Soil: Fertile, well-draining, rich in organic matter.
Sowing depth: Sow the seeds 1/4in (0.6cm) deep inside fertile, well drained soil preferably rich in organic matter. For baby leaves sow approx. 60 seeds/ft in 2-4in (5-10cm) bands in 3/4in (2cm) between the bands. For full size sow approximately 3 seeds every 8-10in (20-25cm), thinning to 8-10in (20-25cm).
Row spacing: 18-30in (46-76cm).
Moisture: Water regularly to keep the soil moist (not soggy!).
Light: Warm, bright location with plenty of sunlight.
Fertilizer: Almost no care is required because these are one of the strongest and most disease resistant of all vegetables.
Matures in 53-65 days after transplant.