Fruits- VFR176 Organic Okra "Clemson Spineless' (100 - 150 Seeds)
Fruit Seeds by The Seeds Master
VFR176 Organic Okra "Clemson Spineless' (100 - 150 Seeds)
- One of the most popular green okra varieties, loved for its no-pain harvest and its extra long, very meaty pods of dark green.
- The grooved, straight pods reach 18-23cm long, with a full-bodied flavour okra that can be prepared in multiple ways.
- Winner of an AAS award, Clemson Spineless is very heavy producing and easy to grow.
- Raw, cooked, sautéed or fried, it will taste great.
- Very nutritionally-rich, it's also among the most heat and drought tolerant variety in the world, yielding well for you all summer long.
- Harvest in 56 days.
HOW TO GROW:
Growing: Planting season: Year-round in tropical climate; in temperate climates - spring, indoors, 3-4weeks prior the danger of last frost is gone, planting the seeds in peat pots; direct seeding 3-4 weeks prior the danger of last frost is gone, covering the plants with a cold frame or grow tunnel until the weather warms up.
Soil: Plant inside fertile, well-drained, slightly acidic (6-6.5pH) soil.
Sowing depth: 6-12mm (0.2-0.4in) deep.
Spacing: 30-45cm (11.8-17.7in) apart. Mulching is beneficial.
Light: Choose the location with full sun.
Watering: Water regularly, when needed to keep the soil moist yet not wet to avoid the rot of the roots.
Fertilizing: Regular fertilising is recommended for a healthy and robust growth. Soak the seeds for 12 hours before planting to speed up the germination. Seeds take 10-14 days to germinate and does best at 25-30C soil temp.