Veggies- S32 Kale 'Red Russian' (300 - 400 Seeds)
Vegetable Seeds by The Seeds Master
S32 Kale 'Red Russian' (300 - 400 Seeds)
- One of the tenderest kales with sweeter taste compared to most traditional kale varieties.
- Outstanding bluish-grey, oak-like leaves and deeply indented purple veins and stems. Reaches 45-90cm (18-36in) tall.
- Packed with nutrients and fibre, which naturally boost the immune system with health benefiting properties.
- Delicious served raw in salads, as well as stir-fried, added to garnishes, mixed with other leafy greens for mesclun mix etc.
- Grows to baby leaf in just 25 days and fully matures in about 50 days.
- For continues harvest you can start removing leaves when they reach 5cm tall and the new leaves will continue forming. Can be harvested freshly anytime
- One of the strongest and disease resistant of all vegetables.
HOW TO GROW:
Growing: Year-round in tropical climates; in temperate climates - seeds can be sown directly once the soil can be worked or start inside 4-6 weeks prior the planting date.
Soil: Fertile, well-draining, rich in organic matter.
Sowing depth: Sow the seeds 1/4in (0.6cm) deep inside fertile, well drained soil preferably rich in organic matter. For baby leaves sow approx. 60 seeds/ft in 2-4in (5-10cm) bands in 3/4in (2cm) between the bands. For full size sow approximately 3 seeds every 8-10in (20-25cm), thinning to 8-10in (20-25cm).
Row spacing: 18-30in (46-76cm).
Moisture: Water regularly to keep the soil moist (not soggy!).
Light: Warm, bright location with plenty of sunlight.
Fertilizer: Almost no care is required because these are one of the strongest and most disease resistant of all vegetables.
Matures in 53-65 days after transplant.