Flowers- FL453 Sunflower 'Sunspot Dwarf' (20 Seeds)
Regular price $6.20
Flower Seeds by The Seeds Master
FL453 Sunflower 'Sunspot Dwarf' (20 Seeds)
- Short-growing, bright yellow sunflowers, only reaching a height of 60cm, ideal for growing in the garden or containers.
- The stems can support the big, golden yellow blooms, measuring 25 cm in diameter– perfect for cut flower arrangements, and kids will love growing these giant flowers.
- Sunflowers are edible, with a bittersweet flavour. The petals add a pretty pop of colour ion salads and desserts.
- The young, sunflower buds are edible, with a flavour similar to artichoke hearts. They can be grilled, marinated, or sautéed for an unusual appetizer or side dish.
- Attracts pollinators and birds enjoy the seed heads in autumn and winter. Matures in 60-70 days.
HOW TO GROW:
Growing: Year-round in tropical climate; in temperate climates sow directly inside the ground after the danger of last frost is gone or indoors in pots.
Soil: lose, fertile, well-draining soil.
Depth: 5cm deep and 30cm apart (if sowing more seeds). If planting in pots, choose a spacious pot, as they establish long taproots that can be stunted in small pots.
Light: full sun, receiving 6-8h a day.
Moisture: regular to keep the soil moist but not wet. Best when soil starts to get dry to the touch.